Senior Quality Engineer
£40-£45,000 Per Year
My Client is a leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high performance fluid control equipment, designed to perform under critical conditions of pressure and cleanliness, to satisfy demanding technical requirements worldwide.
To ensure the businesses Operational compliance in-line with the Companies procedures, specification and Customer / Certification requirements.
Represent the Quality department by being he day to day contact on all issues occurring in Operational area.
Supporting / administrating the implementation of root cause and corrective actions within the business - focusing on Customer returns and COS Process
- Identify gaps relating to processes and implement procedural changes to reflect current practices which comply with internal, customer or certification requirement
- Drive a Quality and Right First-Time culture within the functional area
- Support, guide the implementation of root cause and corrective actions within all areas of the business
- Adhere to the internal procedures and quality plans as defined
- Take a proactive approach to quality control function with the focus to increase inline inspection and reduce the number of Customer returns
- Capture data for the businesses Key Performance Indicators as defined e.g. COPQ, NRFT
- Develop plans to improve the business score within the businesses COS, Operating System
- Support and conduct audits - as required - product and process
- Responsible for documenting all operational & project concerns, issuing and managing the non-conformances for satisfactory response and closure - eg ISDR process
- Supporting / participating continuous improvement events within the business management system
- Supporting / participating in Lean / site improvements, e.g. Failure & Material Review Boards and Corrective action and problem-solving teams in line with the ASN processes
- Give guidance to the Operational and other quality staff on aspects relating to quality
- Monitor and escalate, where necessary, internal product quality issues
- Identifying internal departmental process improvements
- Deliver internal training as defined by the quality organisation
- Support production on all quality issues in a timely
- Work with the Engineering and other departments to ensure continuity and flow of production in a timely and effective manner
- Support the organisations Culture change programme
- Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to communicate at all levels, both externally and internally
- Strong aptitude for motivating others and lead teams of people
- Promote good ethical behaviour in the organisation
- Handles pressure well and takes ownership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have extensive experience in manufacturing environments 10 yrs plus
- HNC or above qualification - preferably related to industry
- Exposure to Lean practise
- Minimum 3-4 yrs facilitating multi-disciplinary teams in process improvement activities
- Good business acumen with a focus on business goals
- Good problem-solving skills and an investigative mentality
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, highly motivated and a self-starter.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.