Senior Project Engineer - Mechanical
12-month contract - £430 a day PAYE
Somerset - Hinkley Point A
Our client, a leading nuclear engineer company, currently require a Senior Project Engineer with a Mechanical bias to join their decommissioning team at Hinkley Point A. You will have the opportunity to work on the nuclear waste handling and recovery project on site.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in nuclear sector, ideally within nuclear waste handling.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage engineering support to the project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and decommissioning.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
- Deputise for Section Head when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC, NQF level 5 or equivalent experience. Ideally educated to degree level.
· Significant experience within a disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, E&CI) on an industrial plant.
· Experience working within the nuclear sector.
· Project delivery experience.
- A membership to a relevant professional Engineering Institution is desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
- £430 PAYE day rate
- 12-month contract
- 4-days a week.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.