12-month contract - £525 a day
Berkeley - Gloucestershire
Our client, a leading company working within the nuclear sector, currently require a Senior Project Engineer to join their project delivery team at Berkeley Power Station. As a Senior Project Engineer, you will deliver highly complex nuclear waste projects from design through to commissioning.
The ideal candidate will have a background working in the nuclear sector and strong experience of project delivery and supporting operations though the commissioning phase.
Role & Responsibilities
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Manage all engineering support to the project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience working within the nuclear sector.
- Qualified to degree level or NHC, NQF and relevant experience.
- Membership to a professional institute.
- Significant experience in a disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical / Electrical / C&I / Civil).
- Contract management.
- Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role.
- Project delivery experience.
What's on Offer
- £525 a day PAYE
- 12-month contract
- 4-days a week.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.