Senior Operations Technician - Biomass Plant/CHP
Up to 6-month contract
We are currently recruiting for up to 4 Senior Operating Technicians/ Shift Team Leaders (STL) to work at a newly built Biomass CHP. As a Senior Operator, you'll be supporting the ongoing training and development of the existing operations team, issuing permits, reviewing RAMS, writing standard operating procedures, reviewing policies on site and implementing changes to increase performance within the team. This role will include an element of training and development with a view to upskilling the existing staff. This role is due to last up to 6 months depending on workload.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, as the Senior Operations Technician you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the safe & efficient operation of the CHP Biomass plant
- Leading a team of Operators through their shift
- Re-writing standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Issuing work permits
- Offering guidance and training to existing staff to improve performance and skillset
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum 4 years' experience within power generation, biomass or CHP would be ideal
- SAP Trained / Senior Authorised Person
- Relevant qualification in operations/engineering
- Experience in training / commissioning a plant
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive day rate
- Shift work
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.