Senior Mechanical Engineer - Nuclear
Permanent - Competitive salary
Our client, a leading international company working within the Nuclear Energy sector, currently require a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their management team at their office in Harwell. The ideal candidate will be a member of a relevant professional institute, hold a chartership, security clearance and have vast experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
Within this role you will have an opportunity to work across the following sites and projects within the company:
- Harwell Campus
- Hinkley Point C
- AWE Aldermaston
Role & Responsibilities
- Checking / approval and development of engineering documents and drawings.
- Preparation and approval of supporting design calculations and design reports to substantiation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team.
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process. Including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
- Liaising with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines to develop cost effective technical solutions.
- Carry out design reviews on work packages under your control, ensure solutions meet requirements.
- Planning & allocation of work packages to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- Ensuring that all design work is delivered in accordance with the Project Procedures.
- Planning and allocation of work packages to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work.
- Responsible for managing the quality of the output of their team or their own deliverables.
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Full Membership of a relevant institution (e.g. IET).
- Chartered Engineer.
- 10+ Years' experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions. Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle).
- SC clearance of the ability to go through the vetting process.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary.
- Company sports teams.
- Holiday, company shares scheme, cycle to work scheme and workplace pension
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.