Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Duration:6 months initially (potential extension)
Location:Abingdon, Oxford, UK
Rate: £26-£28 per hour
Start date: 12th August
Purpose of the role:
To own, review and continuously improve processes within Nanoscience in order to support work class manufacturing practices. To lead change, manage small teams and implement modern techniquesin order to support Manufacturing targets around pass ratesm on time delivery and efficiency. Support and guide the technical engineering and design teams with DFM requirements within a complex manufacturing enviornment.
- Own and deliver manufacturing processes for a given product range by developing appropriate tooling and robust processes
- Ensure detailed build and test documentation for complex projects is fit for purpose.
- Suggest modifications to existing processes, materials and concepts referring to technical experts to manage associated risk
- Own and deliver the agreed aspects of a given project within budget and time
- Deliver cost down requirements for products and manufacturing processes
- Work with the Team Leader/Manager to meet the project milestone plan and budget
- Work with the Project Management Office to Identify risk areas within our designs and manufacturing processes and implement risk mitigations
- Work with Technical Engineering team to develop designs that achieve agreed cost and quality targets
- Develop awareness of competitors and adjacent industries
- Work with supply chain and suppliers to ensure optimised supply chain for products
- Define test strategy and interpret data from those tests.
- Demonstrate technical manufacturing capability in a specific area of expertise
- Develop basic working knowledge / understanding of other technology areas
- Seek new product ideas and concepts in conjunction with technical engineers
- Provide manufacturing technical support to both internal and external customers as appropriate
- Carry out any other tasks which may be reasonably requested by the company
- Working within the QMS for document management and engineering change
- HNC / Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline with at least 2-4 years relevant engineering experience.
- Familiar with the use of PFMEA, DFMEA, Risk (hazard) analysis
- Familiar with using design for manufacture techniques
- Familiar with Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Able to develop, document and control detailed processes and guide technicians through build and test operations identifying CTQ/CTS
- Familiar with project management techniques and practice
- Understanding of mechanical design principles to ensure product success
- Familiar with CAD and able to review design drawings, MRP/ERP Systems
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact me Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.