Senior Infrastructure Engineer - IT
Astute Technical Recruitment are sourcing a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for an international Engineering and Design Consultancy based in the UK. As Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of one the client's prime IT strategic initiatives joining the Infrastructure
Configurations & Automations team where architects, develop and implement the delivery of Microsoft Systems Centre products.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited too;
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Services team to ensure that complex infrastructure issues are resolved within a timely manner.
- Produce detailed reports as to the health, capacity and status of the service.
- Resolving 3rd line support calls.
- Manage the end to end delivery of security updates throughout the enterprise.
- Support and maintain operating system deployments, builds and releases.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, evaluating the modern technologies and implementing where required.
- Plan and manage the service technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required
- Monitoring and optimising the server environment.
- Managing technical policies and standards.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience within Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager and all associated features within a large environment.
You will have demonstrable experience with TSQL, VB and PowerShell scripting and a detailed understanding on vulnerability management within an enterprise.
You will have experience of operating system imaging through SCCM and SSRS & PowerBI report writing.
In addition you will have familiarity with other Microsoft System Centre products such as SCOM and SCORCH, Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems, Active directory and Group Policy plus HP, Cisco server hardware and VMware virtualisation technologies.
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please call Lauren White on 02392 222 965 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.