Senior Estates Surveyor
Rate - £350+/Day
Contract - 3 Months
The Senior Estates Surveyor will be providing professional advice and support in respect of the planning and management of the Council's estate and provide general estate management, development, and valuation services to the Council. The Senior Estates Surveyor will also provide related professional functions including acquisition, taking and granting of leases, rent reviews, rating, disposals and the management of the Council's community centres and commercial portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Property Key Responsibilities will include:
· To lead as appropriate in the development of and regular monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Council's standards, systems, processes and practices with regards to estates management and valuation work
· To support reviews of Property assets and their management and to participate as required in other reviews with corporate themes or service issues
· Support of the Council's corporate and financial budgeting processes including Option Appraisal and Whole-Life Costing Policies and practices and their application to the Council's property work programmes and projects
· To assist in supporting Corporate and Services Area Directors in continuous improvement in forward planning, feasibility and brief formulation stages, procurement, management and monitoring of programmes of estates management and valuation work and in respect of such corporate activities
- Appropriate Professional Qualifications, such as RICS
- Minimum 3 Years' experience of working on all aspects of property estate management
- Knowledge of valuation practices for financial accounting purposes and knowledge of CPO processes and procedures
- Experience in the managing of people, partnership working, operational property work and financial management
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.