Environmental Services Strategy and Change Officer
Rate - £28.31/Hour
Contract - 3 Months
The Environmental Services Strategy and Change Officer will play a key role in the development and delivery of Environmental Services Project 2023, which is seeking to commission and establish an integrated delivery model for the following services: waste collection and recycling; highways infrastructure; parking, highways and enviro-crime enforcement; grounds maintenance; trees; street lighting; and, CCTV maintenance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of the Environmental Services commissioning strategy and to the preparation of detailed option appraisals and business case analyses, in collaboration with internal support functions such as Finance, HR and Procurement and independent expert consultants.
- Plan, design, lead and co-ordinate a range of workstreams within Environmental Services Project 2023, including: service improvement reviews, community engagement initiatives, benchmarking and market testing activities, best practice research, policy analysis and social value initiatives.
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise cross-council working groups and teams, using a range of change management techniques to build capacity, confidence and commitment in support of service improvement.
- Identify and support delivery of efficiency savings and commercially oriented, income generating initiatives.
- Design and deliver engagement activities for residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders to help ensure that service delivery is tailored to local needs.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and delivering cultural change in a large complex organisation
- Good understanding of the role and functions of local government and the key policy issues facing local government.
- Good general knowledge of the provision of local environmental services such as waste and recycling, highways, parking, ground maintenance and trees.
- Comprehensive knowledge of change management/transformation processes, service redesign and service improvement models and good practice
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.