Senior Engineer (Design) - Pressure Vessels
Home based, Nationwide
Excellent salary + benefits package
We are currently recruiting a Senior Engineer for a large engineering consultancy company who specialise in the independent verification of design standards of pressure vessels. Reporting into a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring clients designs comply with and meet the appropriate standard and level of quality. This is a home-based role so the successful candidate could be based anywhere in the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Principal Engineer in carrying out audits of Engineer Surveyor team members
- Working to technical quality and professional standards ensuring designs of vessels comply with the pressure equipment directive
- Developing technical materials / documents for technical staff and customers
- Producing accurate estimates of resources
- Ensuring risk assessments and safe systems of work are adhered to
This is a home-based role with an element of flexibility around the working hours.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant qualification at degree/HND level in mechanical engineering or similar
- Excellent practical knowledge of British standards and legislation applicable to relevant design and manufacturing of pressure vessels / equipment
- Thorough knowledge of relevant manufacturing legislations - PED, PSSR, SPVD
- A good understanding of materials applications
- Thorough knowledge of new construction and in service pressure equipment products
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role
This is a home-based role with regular travel nationwide.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this role:
- A basic salary up to £55,000
- A company car
- Private medical
- An excellent company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
For more information on the package on offer please get in touch.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.