Senior Electrical Engineer
Our Client is an international consultancy who are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their established Building Services team based in Birmingham.
Working as the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be joining a national practice of Building
Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. This will involve working closely with bid teams and projects to deliver high quality project design services across the Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Energy and Transportation industries.
Working as the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Take an active role in managing, supervising and training junior/graduate engineers, leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of multi-disciplinary projects, engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
To be considered for this position, candidates should hold a minimum of degree level qualification (or equivalent) in building services engineering or a related subject as well as demonstrable experience working on key building services projects.
Experience within a design consultancy is beneficial and the abliity to lead projects, make decisions and project manage is desirable. A good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NBS (Specification Software), Bluebeam, Microsoft packages, and an understanding of AutoCAD for infrequent use .
How to apply.
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please call Lauren White on 02392 222 965 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.