Senior EC&I Engineer
Astute Technical Recruitment are sourcing a Senior EC&I Engineer to join an International Engineering and Design consultancy to be based in Whitehaven.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who is looking for long term career opportunity concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects.
As Senior EC&I Engineer, you will be responsible for;
- C&I equipment specification, assessment and justification, and Front End Engineering Design package generation.
- Leading the EC&I project design team(s), multidisciplinary bid teams, and liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Developing C&I capability, growing the business and being responsible for project cost, time control and reporting are also key elements of the role.
- Conducting a technical role and assisting the EC&I department lead to manage the department's staff and mentor and train colleagues.
- You will also have responsibility for running ongoing project and future bid work
As the ideal candidate you will be chartered ( or close to qualification ) and have a relevant engineering degree or extensive experience. You will be able to demonstrate a holistic EC&I knowledge and experience within the following areas:
Lead / Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates, Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design, Safety substantiation, Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Lightning protection, Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle, Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge, Experience of managing teams at project level and project management skills
In addition, the following skills are desirable;
A working knowledge of BS7671, Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design, ATEX.
Experience of COSER, commissioning and maintenance of electrical and control systems, security systems equipment, communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications, Knowledge of Software development for process control. Nuclear industry experience is an advantage.
If you are interested in discussing further, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lauren on 02392222965 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.