Senior EC&I Engineer
£50 - £55 an hour
Our client, a leading company working within the Nuclear Engineer sector, currently require a Senior EC&I Engineer to join their design team in Oxford. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in the EC&I discipline at a senior level and the ability to hold security clearance.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior EC&I Engineer you will work in a hands-on design-based position to deliver and design engineering solutions. This will involve:
- Checking and approval of engineering documents and drawings.
- Liaising with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines to develop cost effective technical solutions.
- Communicate best practice across the UK EC&I design delivery team.
- Responsible for managing the quality and progress of EC&I engineering work carried out within a project.
- Development of designed to technical and client specification / satisfaction.
- Actively contribute to design and safety reviews (HAZOP and risk assessment.)
- Ensure quality of work throughout the design phase.
- Comply with safety and stator regulations (CDM and CE, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Full Membership of a relevant institution (e.g. IMC).
- Experience in a senior role in the management and delivery of nuclear environment projects, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.
- Expert understanding of EC&I principles such as safety systems, circuit protection, communication technologies or instrumentation.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions. Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle).
- SC clearance of the ability to go through the vetting process.
What's on Offer
- £50 - £55 an hour
- 12-month contract
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.