Senior EC&I Engineer
Permanent - Competitive salary
Our client, a leading international company working within the Nuclear Energy sector, currently require a Senior EC&I Engineer to join the design team at their office in Harwell. The ideal candidate will be a member of a relevant professional institute, holding a chartership and have vast experience as an EC&I Engineer.
Within this role you will have an opportunity to work across the following sites and projects within the company:
- Harwell Campus
- Hinkley Point C
- AWE Aldermaston
Role & Responsibilities
- Checking and approval of engineering documents and drawings.
- Liaising with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines to develop cost effective technical solutions.
- Communicate best practice across the UK EC&I design delivery team.
- Responsible for managing the quality and progress of EC&I engineering work carried out within a project.
- Ensuring that all design work is delivered in accordance with the Project Procedures.
- Manage requirements relating to project scope of work.
- Planning and allocation of work packages to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work.
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- Responsible for managing the quality of the output of their team or their own deliverables.
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
- Ensure safety of working environment via design.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Full Membership of a relevant institution (e.g. IET).
- Chartered Engineer.
- Experience in a senior role in the management and delivery of nuclear environment projects, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.
- Expert understanding of EC&I principles such as safety systems, circuit protection, communication technologies or instrumentation.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions. Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle).
- SC clearance of the ability to go through the vetting process.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary.
- Company sports teams.
- Holiday, company shares scheme, cycle to work scheme and workplace pension
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.