Senior CS&A Engineer - SC Cleared
Our client, a leading engineering company within the Nuclear sector are looking for a CS&A Engineer to join their Harwell office. As a CS&A Engineer you will be working hands on as part of the design team on a remote mechanical handling store project. The ideal candidate will have experience in M&E (mechanical and electrical) and have worked within the Nuclear sector.
You will also have the opportunity to work over other sites / project in this role
Role & Responsibility
This is principally a hands-on design-based role with a degree of team leadership within discipline.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team.
- Checking standard design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team.
- Actively contributing to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP's)
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files & other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation/regulatory requirements and needs of the client.
- Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc).
- Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff.
- Be responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by your team.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area. Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline.
- SC Cleared
- Membership of a discipline specific Institute (e.g. I MechE; I Structural Eng; CIBSE; IChemE etc).
- Experience in the role of design of process / mechanical handling plants in the nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Development of multi-disciplinary design packages for Design Review and HAZOP assessments.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Statutory and Safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
- Customer/client liaison and strong commercial awareness.
- Expertise in the nuclear industry.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- £45 an hour
- 12-month contract
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.