Senior Chemist - Nuclear
Rate - £26 - £30 / Hour
Contract - 12 Months
The Senior Chemist will be responsible for statuary reporting and analysis, Arial discharges and overseeing analysis for the disposal of Nuclear/Chemical Waste, including waste sampling for transport regulations and characterisation. The Senior Chemist will be responsible for 2 technicians and will have to take on a leadership style role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Non radiological environmental monitoring and demonstration compliance with EA permits.
- Provide authoritative advice on chemistry, COSHH, asbestos and legionella matters as appropriate.
- Assist in the maintenance of required external certification.
- Review and audit of site performance in chemistry, COSHH and legionella as appropriate.
- Perform duties of Site Asbestos Competent Person as appropriate.
- Act as Site responsible person for legionella as appropriate.
- Support Site and Project implementation of chemistry arrangements.
- Perform duties of a Selected Person as defined by E&M Safety Rules as appropriate.
- Ensure personal and professional development and training of EHSS&Q staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
- Ensure effective communication within the Function.
- Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain EHSS&Q standards and improve performance.
- Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
- The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Undertake baseline roles as required.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject)
- Member of a relevant professional institute
- Relevant experience in specialism related roles
- Experience at a nuclear site in own specialism
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.