Senior Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV Umwelt GmbH who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for a Senior Assistant Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team to supervise the day to day operations across the existing Lines 1 & 2 from the Central Control Room. This will involve supervising a team of Operations staff to ensure the safe & efficient operation of the plant, focusing on improving efficiency and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Senior Assistant Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the management of the shift teams to ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of the plant, organising shift cover when needed.
- Overseeing day to day compliance with the Environmental Permit, reporting any issues to the relevant personnel.
- Take part in routine plant inspections, first line maintenance, sampling / analysis and accurate recording of plant data.
- Manage and monitor plant consumables, ensuring stock levels are maintained and liaising with procurement to replenish supplies.
- Supervise and set to work contractors, reviewing RAMS and ensuring all work is carried out in line with company legislation and processes.
- Identify areas within the plant for improvement to improve efficiency / availability.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered.
- An ONC/ HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 4 day IOSH Health & Safety qualification.
- Ideally hold HV SAP status.
- Good knowledge of steam raising, safe systems of work and Health & Safety within a Power Plant or similar environment.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.