4 on 4 off Shift Pattern (Days and Nights)
Astute Technical are working exclusively with one of the world's largest telecommunications providers to support their recruitment at their newest Data Centre. Located in East London, this Data Centre will be one of the UK's largest with an IT Load up to 60MW. They currently have five operational sites located around West London and are rapidly expanding with new builds elsewhere in Europe. Offering a flexible service arrangement for customers and hybrid IT Solutions this is going to be a state-of-the-art Digital Campus located in a up and coming Digital Hub in London.
As part of the recruitment for this exciting new Data Centre, we are currently looking for qualified Security Officers to join a highly professional team and to support the smooth running of the Security Department.
All candidates will need to be able to pass BS7858:2012 Security Clearance in order to be successful.
As a Security Officer, your responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
- Managing access control procedures to ensure only authorised personnel are permitted into the building or other specific areas
- Issuing passes and collecting relevant ID
- Monitoring of CCTV
- Assisting in fire drills and alarms
- Ensuring Health and Safety rules are always adhered to
- Reception duties
- Assisting the Security Manager/Deputy Manager where applicable
- Any other activities reasonably required for the day to day operation of the Company
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate must have:
- Assisted management with day to day running of the Security Department
- Provided leadership, guidance and support to security staff
- Responsibility for checking and setting alarm systems
- Responsibility for checking fire systems and fire equipment
- Handled complaints in a diplomatic manner
- Dealt with difficult staff, visitors and customers
- Assisted with internal auditing
- Previous experience with training and mentoring of new Security Officers
- SIA Licence
- A full clean driving licence
Salary & Benefits
On offer for this role is the following
Competitive Salary and the opportunity to work for a world leading company
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 473 and ask to speak to Ellie who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.