Safety Critical Software Consultant
Bristol & Aldershot
Very Competitive Salary
My Clients Critical Digital Systems team provides leading-edge consultancy and research into novel safety and security critical digital systems. Due to increased long-term demand from clients across multiple sectors including Aerospace, Nuclear Power, Rail, Defence and Automotive we are looking for highly motivated and aspirational individuals to join their rapidly expanding team.
The role is to provide consultancy to clients, who will be responsible for systems having a significant programmable element, that are used in a safety or security critical context. My client provides a service to their clients to provide advice on how to develop and verify such systems to ensure that they meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will:
- Provide consultancy to clients on how to develop, procure and manage safety and security critical software
- Supervise and undertake development, assurance, verification and testing of software used in safety-critical systems.
- Perform technical audit of suppliers' software development processes
- Research and evaluate new tools and techniques for safety and security related software
- Develop papers and present at conferences
- Manage staff and/or projects
Experience and Skills Required
- Knowledge of design, development and test of real-time, embedded software critical systems.
- Experience of applying standards used in safety- or mission-critical industries such as IEC 61508, IEC 50128, DEF-STAN 00-55 and 00-56, DO-178C, IEC 62061, ARP4754, IEC 61513 and IEC 61226
- Experience of developing and / or assuring Software, Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) Systems
For senior roles we are especially interested in hearing from candidates that have demonstrable:
- Experience of providing independent advice, support and guidance in an Aerospace, Rail, Nuclear, Medical or other safety critical environment
- Experience of developing pragmatic and novel solutions to complex problems, with an ability to think "outside of the box" where required
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent in a numerate discipline with a significant software engineering element.
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client's offices may also be required
If you are interested in applying for this role then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.