Regional Senior Field Service Engineer - Solar
Up to £36,000 DoE plus benefits
Field Based vacancy in the south of the UK
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Field Service Engineer / Operations and Maintenance Technician / Solar PV Engineer to carry out senior duties across multiple sites in the south of England.
Our Client is a Global Specialist in Photovoltaic System Technology, passionate about delivering a decentralized, self-sufficient, renewable energy supply all over the world. They are celebrated trendsetters of over 35 years, producing innovative products to support the development of renewable energies. Best known for their contribution to the industry for their extensive research and ground-breaking inverter technology, they are looking for an experienced O&M Technician to join their Team as a Senior product expert.
As a Regional Senior Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out inspection, commissioning, fault diagnosis, repair and analysis of commercial inverter applications and systems installed at commercial and utility solar plant across the UK.
- Responding to Customer enquiries face to face, over the telephone and in writing. Handling technical enquiries and processing error messages sent to the service line on an ad-hoc basis.
- Providing high level instant support for enquiries regarding single and three phase solar inverters, enabling issues to be resolved from a remote location.
- Handling service logistics and spare parts for exchanging the originally installed inverters efficiently.
- Product expertise and training, you will carry out training sessions for field service engineers, and partners of the business. Analyse training needs and communicate any trends or product improvements.
- Act as a 2nd level support to EMEA on all utility products, particularly the HV/MV products.
- Accurate reporting of any issues on the internal database.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Regional Senior Field Service Engineer role, you must have:
- Electrical Engineering qualifications equivalent to 17th edition IET Wiring Regulations (an apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ etc.)
- Previous experience in similar role within the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical problems to those with less technical experience.
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- Be willing to travel nationally and attend training in Germany as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global leader in Solar PV. Offering product training in Germany and a rewarding career path. A competitive salary up to £36,000 depending on experience, plus benefits, including a company vehicle.
If you would like to apply for this Regional Senior Field Service Engineer role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.