Waste Management Consultants - Nuclear
Salary £30-60k DOE
I currently have several opportunities at various levels to join an established, respected, and growing consultancy business delivering various technical services to the UK radiological waste management and decommissioning sector..
Nature and Scope
To provide specialist consultancy services on a variety of projects across the radioactive material waste management, policy, safety and radiation protection sectors, both for the domestic and global nuclear, research, and NORM industries. Working at client sites or centrally, as required, this role will reward a flexible and results orientated individual with a desire to provide a best in class service to a broad and prestigious client base.
Skills and Qualifications
A consultancy role demands great core technical skills allied with a versatile approach to problem solving and an adaptable nature. You would be expected to demonstrate competencies across a range of the following fields depending on what stage you are at in your career:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant technical field.
- A significant delivery record in a related high hazard industry role, with demonstrable experience of delivering environmental, characterisation, or disposal based radioactive material handling duties.
- Project related management, reporting and technical documentation authorship ability, with regular attendance to project review meetings and a clear, concise and engaging communicative manner.
- Credibility as a technical authority in a specialist field, able to provide advice as required to client and management.
- Safety focused approach to ensure environmental and quality compliance in complex situations.
- Business development mindset, with the insight to deliver relevant input to assist in the winning of new business and development of existing contracts.
- Eligibility for SC level UK security clearance is required to be considered for this role.
Salary and Benefits
A generous salary commensurate with your level of relevant experience in the sector accompanies an extensive benefits package to include a contributory pension, medical and dental cover, and fantastic holiday allowance. This position also offers the opportunity for travel and a great variety of projects, alongside genuine development potential in line with an ambitious corporate growth plan for 2019.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.