Radioactive Waste Assessor
Chaplecross Nuclear Power Station - Annan
£42,000 - £49,0000 + benefits including bonus & pension contribution up to 13.5%
We are currently recruiting a Radioactive Waste Assessor to join the ongoing decommissioning project at Chaplecross Nuclear Power Station. The Radioactive Waste Assessor will be providing a quality and responsive waste management service for the decommissioning projects and site infrastructure, this will be in order to secure compliant disposal of nuclear waste volumes and assist the execution of key waste targets delivered from the project.
The Role & Responsibilities
- To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
- Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
- Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
- Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
- Collate technical waste performance information for analysis against waste management performance objectives and schedule for the Life Time Plan.
- Assist in preparation of safety cases under the plant modification procedure.
- Assist in specification of work instruction, documentation and processes
- HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management
- Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management
- Be eligible to gain SC level clearance
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate
- International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.