Competitive Salary + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Quarry Manager to join one of the global leaders in environmental solutions, working as part of their established team in Wakefield. Working as their Quarry Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the limestone quarry, ensuring the site runs in line with company, health, safety and production requirements.
Working as the Quarry Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the safe, compliant and commercially sound day to day running of a busy limestone quarry.
- Ensuring complete site compliance within environmental permits, environmental management systems and operating licences.
- Provide Health and Safety leadership on site. Including championing and driving the Health and Safety culture across all site staff and visitors and reporting accidents to the correct Senior Management.
- Full KPI and production responsibility, ensuring they run in line with site expectations.
- Managing site output and sales, liaising with commercial teams.
- Support the team on-site, managing team development and highlighting training requirements where necessary.
- Produce and report relevant financial and operational information in a timely and informative manner.
- Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments
- Work with other members of the Operations Team to develop and implement site improvement projects, supporting the maintenance and asset management strategy for the site.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have previous Site Management/Quarry Management/supervisory experience ideally working within the Quarrying or Aggregates industries.
Candidates should hold an NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent and have a good understanding and background in quarrying.
You will also have an in-depth understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance and have experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to work with a leading Environmental Solutions business
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.