Quantity Surveyor - Rail
Competative Salary plus Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an ambitious and driven Quantity Surveyor to join our client who is a world leading design, engineering and project management consultancy.
The position, based out of York, will be working on a variety of infrasturture projects ranging in the value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high profile clients, particularly Rail.
Roles & Responsibilities: -
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for major clients
- Provide a professional interface with other disciplines and the client's representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice
Skills & Qualifications:
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Has proactively contributed to successful delivery of a project and/or programme in a similar operating environment to Network Rail
- Knowledge of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Experienced in utilising software systems e.g. CATO, RIB CSuite etc
- Competent knowledge of a range of available procurement options
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
Salary & Package:
Opportunity to work for a world leading consultancy
25 days holiday + bank hols
Pension, life assurance, critical illness, travel insurance, dental insurance, gym membership discount, retail discount scheme and more
If you are interested in discussing further please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren on 02392222965 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.