Quantity Surveyor (Civils and M&E) - Energy Projects
Flexible on location - Travel
Up to £54,000 + Car Allowance + benefits
We are working with one of the "Big Six" Energy companies in the UK who are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team to be involved in the Combined Heat & Power (CHP) Projects across the UK.
You will be responsible for Commercial Management of these complex multi-disciplined (Civils, Mechanical, Electrical, etc) projects throughout the full project lifecycle.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Manage external relationships without conceding the company's brand or values
- Creating and controlling project commercial controls to ensure the projects are delivered within budget
- Manage the preparation of contracts and pricing schedules for all types of contracts which includes NEC, JCT and bespoke contracts)
- Actively seek new suppliers and contractors to improve commercial competitiveness whilst maintaining delivery quality
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers and contractors
- Carrying out all QS duties including commercial control, valuation of subcontract applications and invoices, cost analysis, cost performance, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5+ years of Civils and M&E Experience
- Ideally have experience working on Energy projects such as CHP, Power Stations or other industrial projects such as Refineries, Pharmaceutical, Data Centres, etc.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Detailed experience of tender assessment and negotiations.
- Full driving licence is a must and you must be willing to travel 50% of the time
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Up to £54,000
- Monthly car allowance
- Other company benefits
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this position
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.