Start date - August 2020
Cheshire based (UK wide projects)
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 + Package
Our client is working alongside a large Principle Contractor in the UK Energy sector, working on multiple EfW and Biomass plants. They are developing multiple Energy from Waste plants across the North and South of the UK, from pre-tender phase through to financial closure, and also working alongside the Principle Contractor throughout the whole work life cycle. Our Client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to their team on a permanent basis from August time. The Quantity Surveyor will keep everything in line with budgets and time scales for each phase of the project, so someone with experience across the whole work life cycle of a Power Plant would is an essential requirement for this role.
Responsibilities across the role will include:
- Tracking changes to design and construction work whilst tracking budgets accordingly.
- Understanding allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontracts etc).
- Measure quantities in accordance with standard measurement methods as required.
- Challenge & manage cost control/mitigation aspects.
- Undertake any other work required to maintain project to timelines set up.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within the Civil and M&E fields on projects in the Power sector.
- Demonstrable experience with managing change, notifications and variations.
- Ideally have experience working on EfW, Biomass, Gasification or CHP plants. Also, experience working on Wind projects would be ideal too.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in hearing more about this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or 02392 222 966.
If you are interested in hearing more about this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.