Start date - April 2020
Salary - £35,000 to £45,000 (Benefits include Car Allowance)
Locations - Suffolk & South Kent
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join 2 Nuclear plants in both Suffolk and South Kent. The main focus of the Quantity Surveyor will be to work with the project team to assist in maintaining the commercial health and resourcing (by suppliers) for the portfolio of work. Additionally, the individual will assist in developing, promoting and maintaining a commercial capability for all projects through effective mobilisation of our clients Energy Generation, Contractor and Supplier Resources.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Works closely with the CTO and Supply chain in developing the appropriate commercial/contractual strategies.
- Carries out assessments of overall commercial and contractual health and supplier resourcing capability for these projects.
- Delivery of the procurement of consultant, supple chain and contracting services relating to our clients portfolio.
- Support the Project Manager in the process of challenge/validation of estimates and development of the business cases for various project "gateway" sanctions.
- Ensure effective record keeping, contract administration/correspondence and change management processes are in place.
- Advise on commercial correspondence with particular regard to correspondence concerning valuations/estimations of projects within the regional portfolio.
- Produce monthly reports to the project manager on project costs.
- Final account closeout.
- Minimum of HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Professional membership of an appropriate professional body
- MCostE is a desirable.
If you are interested in this challenging position, then please contact me on 02392 222 966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.