Quantity Surveyor - Civils
Rate - £375 - £425 per day
January 2020 start date
Duration - 5 months
Our client is a market leading specialist civil engineering contractor who work across several areas involving major infrastructure and heavy civil construction.
Currently they have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor for measurement and valuation work on major civil for a major waste recycling plant construction project in the South West. The Quantity Surveyor will be heavily involved in the tendering and procurement process.
Role and Responsibilities
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for…
- Tracking changes to design and construction work whilst tracking budgets accordingly
- Understanding allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontracts etc)
- Measure quantities in accordance with standard measurement methods as required
- Challenge & manage cost control/mitigation aspects
- Undertake any other work required to maintain project to timelines set up
Essential knowledge and experience
You will ideally have…
- Demonstrable experience within the civil field on projects of a similar nature (substation)
- Demonstrable experience with managing change, notifications and variations
- Ideally have experience working on industrial projects such as, waste recycling facilities, CHP, Energy from Waste, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.