Quality Engineer - Defence
£40k Basic + Benefits
Having secured major projects within the defence sector, an exciting new vacancy exists for a Quality Engineer to join one of the South Coast's leading suppliers of Composite Structures and GRP Mouldings. This is an exciting new opportunity to help set up new facilities and implement quality systems.
As Quality Engineer, your role will be to specifically work on defence contracts and be instrumental in devising, implementing and maintaining quality systems.
The role will consist of the following responsibilities:-
- Help establish & set up the facilities to AS9100 incorporating customer specific requirements & MOD Standards
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers IAW.
- Control and undertaking of FAIR's
- Help set Norco standards for Quality.
- Devise quality control documentation i.e. control plans, inspection plans and inspection sign-off documentation.
- Make sure that manufacturing or production processes meet the required standards.
- Product Inspection & quality sign off.
- Internal auditing
- Auditing of suppliers.
To be considered for the role, you will demonstrate:-
- AS9100 Lead auditor
- 2 - 5 years in a Quality Engineer position or similar.
- Lean and 5S experience.
- Experience with MSA and Gauge R&R
- An understanding of composites.
- Experience of performing audits.
Application process couldn't be easier, simply email your CV and cover letter to Simon Cheung on email@example.com or call directly on 023 93 911 007
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.