Quality Assurance Officer (Electrical)
Rate - £20-£25/Hour
Contract - 3 Months
The Quality Assurance Officer will be accountable for the inspection of and quality assurance of the full range of construction, engineering and compliance services portfolios, these include:
- Building and engineering major investment work,
- Repairs and voids maintenance
- Compliance functions including: Domestic Gas safety, Commercial gas, Boiler houses and communal heating systems, Water Hygiene Inc. Legionella, Water Booster Pumps , Asbestos, Fire Safety and prevention, Fire Risk Assessments, Electrical equipment & electrical wiring testing, Lightning Protection, Automatic Barriers & Gates, Passenger Lifts and stair lifts & lifting Equipment, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems, Roof and height safety and access systems.
The Quality Assurance Officer will also Provide advice, surveys, schedules, reports, instructions and progress monitoring of all works projects and programmes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and make regular site visits and be vigilant in the monitoring and quality inspections of a wide range of technical work. Become familiar with all relevant drawings, specifications and written instructions. Use them as the reference when inspecting the work. Take measurements and samples on site to ensure the work and materials meet the specifications and quality standards. Be familiar with legal and regulatory requirements and that the work complies with them.
- Undertake site surveys, work inspections and work valuations and subsequent reporting and support the Commercial Manager as required. Assist in monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Accountable for the timely provision of quality inspections, reviews and audits to ensure works and installations are consistent with specifications and expense incurred. Provide timely monitoring of the progress of construction and services projects within the asset management programme. Define quality procedures in conjunction with contract and commissioning staff and look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- HNC, BTEC or higher, in a building, engineering or compliance discipline or relevant experience
- Experience of carrying out inspections and quality assurance in building and engineering services including, construction, major investment work, repairs and maintenance, cyclical works and compliance inspection and testing regimes
- Proven experience of effectively monitoring works projects and programmes to achieve desired outcomes within quality, time and cost measures
- Experience of developing efficient and robust quality management systems
- A sound understanding of relevant housing legislation and Health & Safety Regulations
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.