QHSE Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
£45,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a new build Energy from Waste power station just south of Gloucester. The QHSE Manager will be responsible for ensuring the site complies with regulatory and statutory regulations relating to all QHSE aspects ensuring a safe environment for staff, contractors and site visitors.
Reporting into the General Manager you will be responsible for:
- The implementation, management, certification, maintenance and internal audit of the IMS
- Managing environmental issues at the plant e.g. gas emissions and control over the odours produced by water and solid materials
- Identifying applicable quality, environmental and H&S requirements at the plant
- Controlling and supervising quality in terms of running of the plant whilst preventing occupational risks
- Managing and controlling waste analysis required at any point during services
To be considered for this role you must meet a criteria:
- Candidates will need a strong background in Health and Safety gained in a heavy process or engineering environment. This can include Power Generation, Refineries and the Waste or Water Industry
- A solid understanding of environmental aspects associated with power generation / energy from waste
- Excellent report writing skills
- A NEBOSH certificate qualification is required as a minimum for this position.
What's in it for you?
- A salary up to £45,000 dependant on experience.
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8BH
- The chance to join the growing Energy from Waste industry
How to apply
To apply for this position, please call Steve on 02392 288 215 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.