Project Procurement Manager
Competitive salary, DoE plus benefits
Based in Grimsby
We are looking to recruit a Project Procurement Manager to provide operational procurement services to the 860-megawatt Triton Knoll off-shore wind farm. The role will require travel to other locations in the UK and to supplier locations. Our Client is proud to be at the forefront of shaping the landscape of energy supply, investing heavily into research and development of innovative solutions to challenge modern methods and secure a more sustainable eco system.
You will have responsibility for the successful delivery of all aspects of the procurement lifecycle to fulfil the operational requirements of Triton Knoll Wind Farm in accordance with company policies and procedures.
In collaboration with the Operations Manager, Asset Manager and Technical Officers the Project Procurement Manager will develop, draft and secure approvals, including Board approval where necessary, for procurement strategies for high value / complex contracts with the objective of then implementing supply chains to meet through life operational, commercial, financial and legislative requirements.
You will proactively provide all necessary commercial / contractual support to the Triton Knoll Wind Farm operations team and will act as the interface with other business functions including legal, treasury and credit risk on relevant issues, to ensure you effectively manage the invitation to tender, negotiation, contract award and contract variation processes.
From time to time you will be required to contribute to the wider procurement responsibilities for developmental, newly operational and existing generation sites across Europe.
The Project Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Determine the best-fit strategies for obtaining goods and services to meet the demands of operations at the right cost, quality and time
- Research and appraise suppliers with the skills and capability required in the off-shore wind business and encourage suppliers to enter into the relatively immature offshore wind market to increase competition
- Develop and deliver negotiation strategies - delegating responsibility to the relevant team members as required and take the lead in all major commercial negotiations for a suite of mission critical goods and services contracts valued at up to £20M each
- Prepare tenders, undertake assessments, negotiate and award contracts to secure lines of supply for goods and services which minimise risk to the operation, deliver savings against OPEX budget and introduce process efficiencies
- Lead high value strategic 'one-off' purchases for the provision of multi-year major asset maintenance services via formal tender enquiries - individual contract values may exceed £200m
- Manage the major asset maintenance services contracts; performance measurement (KPI's, service levels and availability), negotiation of variations, extensions of time, adjustments to the contract price and claims
- Manage the procurement process including supply chain communications, contract strategy documents, tender negotiations and contract award recommendations
- Engage with key suppliers and develop relationships to ensure the operation gains preferred customer status and that the required goods and services are delivered on time, to the required quality and for the agreed price through effective contract management
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Project Procurement Manager role, you must have:
- Experience in the field of major plant operations; ideally in the off-shore energy, oil and gas sectors however applicants with experience in any large-scale manufacturing or pharmaceutical sectors will be considered
- Significant experience in the field of operational procurement
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels within business, both internally and to supplier staff to build effective working relationships
- Development and negotiation of bespoke forms of service level agreements and KPI's
- Proven capability to conduct successful complex commercial negotiations and to close deals
- MCIPS accreditation preferable although consideration would be given to applicants with extensive relevant experience
- Possesses a strong result focus supported by relevant commercial skills and knowledge required to deliver value to the business
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Pioneering leader in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary, plus benefits including 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays, bonus up to 15%, generous pension, life insurance and healthcare packages.
If you would like to apply for this Project Procurement Manager role, please email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.