Project Manager - Rail
York/ Manchester/ Leeds/ Warrington
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join an international consultancy with a proven track record of delivering world class engineering solutions in a multitude of sectors. They currently have a range of projects from £1m -£50m across a plethora of high-profile clients.
Effective delivery of Project Management services across a range of Infrastructure sectors in particular; Rail, Highways, Utilities.
Support Senior Project Managers on complex multi-faceted projects
Provide support to PM Team Leaders as required on all business issues including but not limited to business development, client management, bid writing, thought leadership
- Degree qualified or qualified through experience and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution e.g. APM or RICS
- Has led the successful delivery of projects in complex programmes in similar operating environments to Network Rail
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for managing teams to provide multi-disciplinary skills and services to meet programme and/or project objectives
- Capability to hold key client relationships, managing communication effectively both upstream and downstream
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to resourcing, onboarding, reporting and rectification of issues
- Oversees and ensures high quality output for the programme and/or project s/he is responsible for
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment and knowledge of the construction industry
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a client facing role, for both private and/or public sectors clients
- An understanding of the role of an Employers Agent
- Be conversant with all aspects of project management and have some experience of both pre and post contract project responsibilities
- You will have provided project management assistance at various stages of the project life-cycle
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to listen and understand client goals
- Possess strong organisational skills; arranging, and accurately recording project meetings (possibly having chaired some) as well as the control of project documentation;
- General knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law
- IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (and preferably P6)
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to not only deliver a high-quality professional service but also support the office with business development and marketing activities to help grow the team.
- Able to work independently (with senior support) whilst being pro-active and helping to identify what the next steps are in order to keep the project on track
How to apply.
- To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.