6 Month Contract
The Project Manager is a key member of the Projects execution team. Leading project/programme execution for both external orders and internal projects (NPI/NPD). The project manager will actively drive project timelines, delivery on time to budget and ensuring that all reporting (internal and external) is conducted as required.
- Complex customer management (internal and external customers)
- Project execution up to a value of £5m.
- Written and verbal communication internally and externally
- Create, complete and manage project schedules (Gantt charts)
- Resource planning
- Supply chain planning (internal and external)
- Milestone planning
- Manage budgets and forecast cost to complete (on time, on budget)
- Margin management and oversight (change control, cost control, scope management)
- Risk Management
- Risk matrix
- Risk mitigation
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
Ideally from a technical background (Mech, Elec, Inst, Controls) the Project Manager will need 8+ years PM experience executing projects at a Senior level (hands on) in small and medium size companies or in a hands on role from a larger company. Previous experience as a design or project engineer would be beneficial.
- Ability to lead and execute projects with complex internal and external teams
- Good IT skills (MS Office, MSP, ERP systems).
- Proven negotiation skills
- Contract awareness and understanding
- Experience of planning, risk management and customer interfacing
- Extensive experience of external customer management
- Experience of internal customer management (NPI/NPD Gate process)
- Risk Management experience and practical execution of risk mitigation
- Proven Financial forecasting and control experience
- Self-starter and focused on delivering results
Education & Experience
- BEng Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Formal Project management training beneficial (Prince2, Agile, PMP)
- Previous experience in Aerospace or Defense sector
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.