Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join our Client, who has a reputation within the wind industry for developing onshore wind farms in the UK. With over 1GW built and ongoing projects on the horizon, this is an exciting opportunity to become a part of their success.
As onshore wind energy demand increases, our Client now have a need for a Project Manager to join their team, to manage the multi-functional elements of project development. These include the design, finance, construction, assessment and site selection of onshore wind farms.
As a Wind Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working with our existing Project Development team to identify, assess, design and develop proposals for onshore wind farm sites
- Identification of potential new sites and development of these through prescoping, scoping and planning and post-planning
- Supporting the evolution and development of our current wind farm sites already in the planning system and advancing them through to successful determination
- Meetings and correspondence with stakeholders including Landowners, Local Planning Authorities, Energy Consents Unit, Statutory and Non-statutory Consultees, Councillors and Community Councils and residents from local host communities
- Liaising with external consultants to ensure EIA assessments and reports are undertaken and delivered, including critical analysis of the results to identify and rectify potential issues
- Land searches, and interpretation of Title Deeds
- Preparation and issue of drawings and wind farm layout designs
- Preparation, review and submission of EIA Reports and accompanying documents for planning applications, and for the discharge of pre-commencement planning conditions
- Effective communication with Projects Director, Board of Directors and team members to meet project programme deadlines.
- Travelling to visit sites across the UK.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Project Manager role, you must have:
- A degree in Renewable Energy or Geography or another relevant subject
- At least 3 years' experience of working as a Project Manager, within the onshore wind energy sector
- Proven track record of identifying, designing, developing and delivering onshore wind farms in the UK
- Able to use ArcGIS, AutoCAD, WindFarm to produce maps, drawings, layouts and visualisations
- Some experience of managing a small team to ensure goals and project deadlines are met
- A keen interest in the renewables sector, specifically wind energy.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and the flexibility to stay away.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading developer in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary package, plus benefits including annual leave, pension and life insurance.
If you would like to apply for this Project Manager role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.