Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
c£45,000 + bonus + benefits
Birmingham, West Midlands
2-year Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer to support the O&M team running an Energy from Waste (EFW) power station in the Birmingham area. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of plant upgrade & improvement projects on time & within agreed budgets, whilst ensuring minimal impact to the power plant operations.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Successfully delivering multiple improvement & upgrade projects on the operational energy from waste power plant, liaising closely with the O&M team to ensure the impact to plant operations is minimised.
- Developing & maintaining the project objectives, plans & schedules.
- Producing detailed reports for the management team on project status.
- Maintaining a safe & clean working environment by ensuring adherence with all procedures & regulations.
- Delivering the projects within the agreed budgets & time scales.
This is a 2-year Fixed Term Contract. You'll be working full-time on a 40-hour week Monday to Friday.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Project Engineer position you must have:
- Proven project management / engineering experience, delivering improvement & upgrade projects on operational plants.
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HND / HNC / ONC in an engineering discipline
- A background working in the power sector such as energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear would be ideal.
- High appreciation of health & safety requirements
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Project Engineer vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £45,000
- A bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 284 to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.