£35k-£40k Basic + Bonus, life insurance, holiday, sick pay
Astute are supporting a Portsmouth based client who are a leading consultancy to high tech projects, secure information systems and through life equipment support with a vacancy for a Project Engineer. Partnering system integrators, OEM's and end users, this is a genuine opportunity for a Project Engineer to play an instrumental part in bringing concepts to reality.
As Project Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering activities, working with the Project Engineering Manager to ensure the technical content of the project is delivered in accordance to clients requirements. Daily duties will also include:-
- Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, breakdown of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
- Lead the design and development activities relating to the project. Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
- Create and maintain specifications, project BOMs and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project.
- Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
- Track activities to project plans and budgets, regularly reporting to the Project Manager on progress
To be considered for the Project Engineer role, you will demonstrate:-
- HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering or related subject
- Competent in Mechanical Assemblies
- Knowledge of BS.8888 drawing practices
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing Environment
As Project Engineer with our client, you will receive:-
- £35k-£40k Basic
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension/Holidays/Sick Pay
- Flexible working conditions
The application process couldn't be easier, simply send your CV and cover letter to Simon Cheung on firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct on 023 93 911 007
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.