Project Engineer - Manufacturing
Up to £35k DOE + package
I'm looking to find a driven and capable Project Engineer, ideally with heavy manufacturing experience, that's keen to progress their career by joining an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of high integrity mechanical and electrical solutions to a range of demanding high hazard industries.
As the key technical lead for varied multi-disciplinary projects you will be expected to plan, co-ordinate and monitor a team with diverse skills and capabilities to ensure effective project delivery to time, quality and cost.
You would expect to be able to demonstrate competence across the following responsibilities:
- Assessing project requirements from a technical perspective.
- Delivering work in accordance with the business management systems and planning, monitoring, forecasting and controlling various aspects of a project, in particular safety, quality, technical, schedule and resource.
- Overseeing the manufacture of complex components and assemblies including any testing and commissioning activities.
- Ensuring the project is undertaken safely in accordance with the legislative requirements appertaining to the project and ensuring the customer's requirements are satisfied.
- Producing reports and documentation where required and providing technical advice within the Project.
- Producing the Bill of Materials, including identifying all technical and quality requirements to allow the procurement of both goods and services.
- Liaising with manufacturers, organising and or carrying out inspection and expediting activities to satisfy the project requirements.
- Setting up, controlling and being responsible for the safe, efficient and timely erection and commissioning of plant and equipment both within workshop assembly and at customers site. This is to include incorporation of as built modifications within the final project document packages.
- Working individually or as part of a larger project team, which may be led by either an equivalent or a Project Manager.
- Deputising for the Project Manager if required.
Ideally with a manufacturing / fabrication background and mechanically biased, you will have solid nuclear engineering project history, or time spent in an equivalent highly regulated sector.
Experience in the following areas is a good benchmark:
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Multi discipline project engineering experience with responsibility for budget and schedule
- Understanding of Nuclear Industry and Client specifications and quality requirements
- Project risk forecasting and pro active in identifying and resolving issues before they occur
- IOSH Managing safely
- Manufacturing / fabrication background
What's on offer?
This role will give the right individual the opportunity to join an industry award winning business with a real sense of energy during an exciting period of growth. On top of this, a solid base salary is accompanied by 6% pension, private healthcare, a 36.5hr working week, excellent annual leave allowance and additional company benefits.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.