12-month contract - £350 - £390 a day PAYE
Our client, a leading company working within the nuclear sector, currently require a Project Engineer to join their decommissioning team at Hinkley Point A. As a Project Engineer you will have the opportunity to work over a number of decommissioning projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in nuclear sector, ideally with an engineering discipline background.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for your assigned project/s.
- You will contribute to the production of the Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support the project optioneering process.
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer.
- Carry out technical assessment of contractor's work, including instructions, method statements, risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- As a customer focused individual, you will liaise with various clients, stakeholders, System Engineers and contractors on site to ensure successful project delivery
- Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC, NQF level 5 or equivalent experience. Ideally educated to degree level
- Significant experience within a disciplined Engineering role (mechanical, electrical, EC&I or civil) on an industrial plant.
- Experience working within the nuclear sector.
- Project delivery experience.
- Contract management experience.
- Working knowledge of CDM.
- A membership to a relevant professional Engineering Institution is desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
- £350 - £390 PAYE day rate
- 12-month contract
- 4-days a week.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.