Programme Manager- Engineering Projects
Up to £90,000 to £100,000 + Package
Guildford + Travel
We are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager / Head of Programme & Projects to join a leading business in the anaerobic digestion industry. This is an exciting opportunity offering someone the chance to sculpt the future framework of project / programme management, developing a robust project methodology that will allow for further development.
Reporting for the Operations Director, you will be responsible for…
- Managing and leading a team of Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Working with the Project Managers to develop, define and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules and budgets.
- Act as an escalation point for Project Managers when needed.
- Ensuring all technical queries are answered during project execution by Project Managers / Project Engineers.
- Developing a robust project framework / methodology to roll out across the business.
- Owning the Project Management function of the business, ensuring that growth plans can be enabled through the execution of upcoming / current projects.
- Managing external & internal stakeholders.
- Building strong and lasting relationships with subcontractors and preferred suppliers.
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards.
- Developing and managing bid, tenders and proposals.
- Establishing project execution and staffing plans.
- Ensuring all projects are compliant with UK health and safety legislation and standards.
- Monitoring project budgets and reporting to Directors.
- Monitoring the site works and commissioning activities of the project teams
This opportunity gives someone the chance to use their skills and knowledge to set up and push the businesses project management offering. To do this, the following experience is needed.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering subject (Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering)
- Programme management experience, (managing multiple projects with a value of £1m to £30M)
- Experience gained in a heavy process environment such as food, biochemical, chemical, renewable energy, power generation or petrochemical)
- Significant experience of commercial contracts, procurement and outsourcing.
- Significant demonstrable track record in programme delivery and the development of programme framework, governance & processes
- Extensive experience of managing a team to deliver a portfolio of projects. Experience of doing this in a high growth environment would be beneficial
- Experience of building teams and managing people remotely.
- Budget and time timeline management.
- The ability to mentor and coach staff.
- Tenacity to deal with many challenged and stakeholder whose opinions you may need to influence.
- Happy to travel 1 / 2 days per week to projects across the UK.
What's on offer.
- A basic salary up to £100,000.
- Benefits package.
- The ability to shape a developing project management function.
- Career development opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.