Production Operative - Agriculture
£24,000 - £26,000 + benefits
Our client currently requires a Production Operative with an agricultural, waste management services, or technical background to execute operations and basic maintenance activities of a 24/7 manufacturing facility, working days and nights on a rotating shift pattern.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as a Production Operative, you will be responsible for:
- Operating fixed plant & machinery in a dehydration plant and animal feed packing and process operation
- Use of Telescopic forklift in movement and transfer of stock and raw materials
- Regular quality checks on finished product
- Housekeeping & cleaning duties
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Telescopic Forklift Licence & Full driving license is essential
- A team-working attitude as well as being able to work competently alone
- Self-motivation and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility
- A good understanding of workplace Health and Safety in a quality-driven environment
- A positive attitude to work and a willing approach to training and development
- A commitment to setting high personal and workplace standards
- Good communication skills to allow reporting and effective shift handover.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary of between £24,000 to £26,000, including shift allowance
- Overtime available at time and a half
- 25 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.