£40k Basic + Benefits package
Astute are supporting a client based in Basingstoke who are a leader in the provision of lightweight aluminium matrix composites for applications in sectors including:-
- Transport & Defence
- High end consumer goods
- Industrial & healthcare
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Production Engineer to be responsible for developing and improving processes for the manufacture of a family of Aluminium Matrix Composites (AMCs). The Production Engineer will also support the identification implementation of new manufacturing technologies for advanced materials. A key function will be scaling manufacturing processes to make them "volume production" ready and supporting the MMC commericalisation efforts of the business.
As Production Engineer you will be responsible for:-
- Evaluates and continuously improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment suppliers.
- Leads PFMEA to identify risks and potential process improvement opportunities.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
To be considered for the Production Engineer, you will demonstrate:-
- University Degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' industrial experience ideally within a foundry environment with understanding of aluminium casting
- Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures,
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development,
As Production Engineer with our client, you will receive:-
- Competitive salary of up to £40k basic
- Pension contribution of 6%
- Flexible working environment
Application process couldn't be easier, simply call Simon Cheung on 023 93 911 007 or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.