Principal Quantity Surveyor
Rate - £30 - £36/Hour
Contract - 3 Months, Potential for Extension
The Principal Quantity Surveyor will support the Contracts and Commissioning Manager on the direct and indirect delivery and operation of contracts for the management of Multi-Million Pound services including: Repairs, Maintenance, Voids, Compliance and Construction works. The Principal Quantity Surveyor will be responsible to take lead on the first-class provision of Commercial, Financial, Risk Management, Procurement and Contractual Advice to ensure contract processes deliver agreed outcomes for the Council, Residents and Stakeholders that meet the Council's objectives and affordability targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Provide specialist commercial expertise and construction knowledge including maintenance and market intelligence to extend the benefits from procurement to the management of contracts
· Oversee budgetary management and the production of contract accounts and financial reports. Review variations proposed by project and programme stakeholders to commissioned or contracted services
· Act as the in-house contractual expert and cost adviser for all commissioned and contracted services. Develop and advise on all types of contracts, framework agreements, open book accounting, competitive dialogue methodology, supply chain management and related partnering techniques
· Budget Monitoring Responsibility - £40m capital and revenue expenditure through contracts
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Chartered Status and full membership of RICS, RIBA, CIOB or CIBSE
- PRINCE2 or equivalent Project Management qualification/training
- Evidence of relevant continued professional development
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.