Principal Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer with Building Services experience to join our client who are a leading, global consultancy.
The role is based in Newcastle although you will have the opportunity to work alongside designers nationally and internationally to service clients across the UK in focus markets including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As Principal Electrical Engineer your duties will consist of (but not be limited to): -
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Preparing technical specifications
- Work in partnership with the global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer with the following: -
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
- Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
Salary & Package:
What's on offer for this Principal Electrical Engineer role:
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- Work for a leading consultancy
If this role is of interest, please contact Lauren White on email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.