Plumbing Technician/Mechanical Fitter
Rate - £19.61/Hour
Contract - 3 Months
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Plumbing Technician to join our clients team in Cambridge. As a Plumbing Technician the equipment to be maintained includes, but is not limited to, plumbing pipework and systems, domestic water systems, water treatment plant, LTHW boiler systems. The Mobile Plumbing Technician will be working for one of our clients who are a multinational, chemicals and biotechnology company who provide product development services to the pharmaceutical and biologic industries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To take responsibility for planned and breakdown maintenance activities on a wide variety of mechanical apparatus including but not limited to plumbing fixtures and pipework, domestic water systems, water treatment plant, LTHW boiler systems
- To be responsible for ongoing Legionella testing regime
- To report, diagnose and remedy plant defects, proposing modifications & plant improvements where appropriate.
- To liaise with and support other Company staff such as the maintenance and operations departments.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Policies and become an advocate of the "think safe, work safe, home safe" culture.
- Ensure that the facility operates within legal requirements and environmental legislation ISO 9001,1401,1800.
- After a period of training and familiarisation, be available on call for out of hours plant technical and breakdown cover.
- A recognised apprenticeship (or equivalent) with detailed knowledge of all aspects of plumbing maintenance techniques.
- Computer literacy and ability to train in computerised maintenance systems.
- Experience and knowledge of industrial boiler systems (LTHW)
- Experience and knowledge of BMS systems
- Experience with electrical systems would be beneficial
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.