Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are looking for an Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of a newly built and commissioned Energy from Waste Power Station located in Kent.
As an Operator, you'll be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant through the DCS and associated control systems. Working on shifts, you'll be involved with monitoring the fuel supply, boilers, steam turbine, water treatment plant, emissions monitoring plant and all auxiliary systems.
This plant can produce up to 50MW of Power by processing up to 550,000 tonnes of waste per year, usually destined for landfill. Construction started in 2016 and the plant is expected to be handed over by Q2 2020. The client has a fleet of plants in America, UK experience with a sister site in the North West and a further two plants proposed in the coming years.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as a Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant in a safe and efficient manner which includes during normal running, start-ups and shutdowns along with emergency situations.
- Monitoring the plant through the distributed control system (DCS) to ensure regular supply of fuel into the boiler, maintaining steam pressure and production of power inline with contractual obligations for the client.
- Ensuring the operational demands of the plant are met along with monitoring the plants emissions to comply with the Environmental Permit and reporting any issues to the Shift Manager.
- Supervise and direct the Assistant Plant Operators, Contractors and other staff as and when required.
- Support the maintenance team during outages / shutdowns.
- Assist with developing operating procedures.
- Working within the company's safe systems of work, SHEQ systems and relevant legislation.
- Conduct front line maintenance, plant inspections, fault finding and fault reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum C&G/NVQ Level 3 in a Process/Engineering/Operations discipline.
- Completed an apprenticeship and/or three years in a Power Generation/Heavy Process/Maintenance role (Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered)
- Familiar working on a SCADA/PLC/DCS System.
- IOSH/NEBOSH or a Health & Safety Qualification.
- Flexibility to work Shift Patterns including nights and weekends.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Benefits package including Pension.
- Opportunity to join a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Mollie Allison who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.