Plant Manager - Island Generating Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are working with the new owners of a relay station based out in the Atlantic Ocean which provides short wave broadcasts to over 30 million listeners in Africa. The Power Station includes multiple diesel generators, wind turbines and water treatment plant and you'll be responsible for all this plus the associated distribution and storage equipment.
The island offers a warm climate all year round ranging from 24 degrees to 34 degrees. This offers the perfect opportunity to go game fishing, BBQ's, scuba diving, hiking and water sports.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager, as the Power Station Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all operational activities ensuring equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Planning and directing all maintenance activities across the Power Station assets including generating sets, wind turbines, reverse osmosis plant, water distribution network, electrical distribution plant and storage tanks.
- Managing the supply of water & electricity across the island to ensure demand is met.
- Managing a multi-discipline team of Engineers and Operations staff including the local work force. Overseeing personal development, safe working practices and managing attendance, sickness and disputes etc.
- Deputising for the General Manager as required.
- Adhere to UK HSE and relevant legislation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering Discipline, ideally a holder of a Degree in Engineering.
- Qualified with an IOSH or NEBOSH or similar H&S certification.
- Have experience of operating and maintaining diesel engines, electrical generators, distribution equipment, HV switchgear etc.
- Ideally you will be a Senior Authorised Person for HV works.
- Proven experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive tax free salary
- Travel & Relocation
- Benefits package for a single applicant or family
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.