Plant Manager - Energy from Waste (Gasification)
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Plant Manager to manage their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25. Until recently the site has been managed by the Commissioning Manager and the site is now at a stage in it's commissioning period where the client can take on a Plant Manager to manage the day to day on site activities.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the UK General Manager, as Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the power station
- Ensure compliance with environmental permits and other relevant legislation
- Management of the sites annual budget
- Work alongside the Maintenance and Operations Department to plan shutdowns, outages and maintenance work to ensure maximum plant availability against the commercial contract
- Liaise with third party stakeholders, project teams and engineering teams.
- Managing HSE, Quality and Environmental systems in accordance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Tracking costs for capital project and outages.
- Managing and developing site personnel.
- Reporting on QEHS, Financial, Operations and Maintenance issues.
Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A proven track record gained within the power generation sector. This is likely to include experience gained at a Plant Manager / Operations Manager / Maintenance Manager level.
- Working experience in a Power Station environment; CCGT, Biomass, Energy from Waste, CHP would be strongly considered.
- Relevant working experience from Refinery, Chemical Plant or Steelworks etc would also be considered.
- Those with plant commissioning experience would be at an advantage, although this is not essential.
- A strong understanding of Health & Safety, relevant legislation (PSSR, LOLER, PUWER etc) and Environmental Permits will be required
- Candidates will ideally hold a HNC / HND or a Degree in Engineering (Power Plant / Process / Mechanical / Electrical).
What's in it for you?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge in the power sector. On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.