Plant Manager - Clinical Waste Incinerator
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working with the O&M service provider of a new build Clinical Waste Incinerator in the Worcestershire area. The plant is currently under construction and they have initially agreed a five year agreement to operate and maintain the new plant.
The plant is capable of processing 8,000 tonnes of hazardous & clinical waste per year using a reciprocating grate system, producing saturated steam through a steam expander and generator.
As Plant Manager, you'll be overseeing the initial site mobilisation period, construction phase, commissioning and the operational handover. Ideally, we're looking for someone with an Engineering / Maintenance background to assist with scheduling maintenance work, site inspections and outage planning.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day strategic management of the Waste Incinerator, managing the Operations, Maintenance and Administration Team.
- Providing technical and engineering support on all maintenance issues.
- Management and liaison of all stakeholder interests including contractors, suppliers and regulating authorities.
- Site management of the contracts and environmental permits including managing the sites HSE & ISO Compliance (Iso 9001, 14001, 18001).
- Report facility KPI's such as availability and operational performance, ensuring agreed targets and objectives are met.
- Manage the sites budget.
- Oversee site mobilisation and continued recruitment.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified with a minimum HNC / HND in a relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Control Systems).
- Prior experience of at least five years in a management / senior position in a similar process environment, this can be from Energy from Waste, Biomass, CHP, Utilities, Material Recovery etc.
- Relevant H&S qualification such as an IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Familiar with current legislation including PSSR, CDM 2015 H&S, ISO Compliance etc.
- Maintenance background and familiarity with CMMS scheduling, permit systems, outage planning and standard operating procedures.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including pension, private healthcare and bonus
- Opportunity to join a modern waste incinerator
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.