Plant Manager - New Biomass CHP
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Plant Manager / Site Manager to join a new 6.5MW power generation site in the South Sheffield area. The Site Manager will be responsible for the overall safe, efficient and reliable operation and maintenance of all plant used to support the incineration of fuel (waste wood biomass) and production of power.
Duties of the Site Manager will involve:
- The overall responsibility for the safety and environmental performance of the plant
- Supervision of maintenance agreements/contracts
- Implementing PPM schedules and organising reactive maintenance and CAPEX projects when required
- Operations shift planning and monitoring of activities. This includes waste management, the site permit to work system and outage planning
- Producing monthly reports on plant progress and technical reviews
- Assisting the Site Director for budgetary control and reporting on plant emissions / environmental issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Site Manager position you must have:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as an HNC / ONC in an engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical)
- At least 4 years of experience in operations or maintenance at a supervisory or management level in a heavy process environment (power station, energy from waste, biomass, utilities plant) - ideally steam raising.
- Strong IT skills as well as experience working with CMMS
- Working knowledge of environmental permits, current H&S issues and safe working systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Strong organisation, planning and time management skills
Package and Benefits...
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Full benefits package
If you'd like to discuss this role further, please get in touch on 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor or email a CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.